Thursday, January 31

India



This blog has been quiet lately because I have been in India for my brother's wedding. I was hoping to have some sort of email contact during the trip, but my web based email client could not send messages. It was quite an odd experience to be out of touch for two whole weeks, and really illustrates how plugged in I have become. Not that I planned on doing any blogging over the trip, I suppose I am just venting a bit.

So, India. What a small word for such a big idea. India is the greatest mash-up of humanity, animals, plants, dirt, sun, exhaust, flowers... everything. I dont use this word often, but I think an appropriate description of India is magical. It is no wonder that Europeans would try and sail around the world to get to India. I am still processing the entire experience, but I think it is safe to say I can feel something of a paradigm shift resulting from the trip. Now that I have family in the country, I hope to return as much as possible.

It is hard to choose one image from the trip that might act as a good introduction, but here is a shot of a monkey seen through the entrance gate of the Amber Fort in Jaipur, Rajasthan. A few element came together here to make a good image, though I wish the monkey were not so small in frame, it is hard to see. As always, you'll need to click on the image to see the larger version.

No comments: