Wednesday, January 2

Impressionist Paintings

New year, new idea. I have come across a new technique that allows me to turn any photo into an "impressionist painting." Now, that idea in itself is not new, but this is the first time I have seen a technique that actually produces quality results, that can, if done correctly actually look like a painting. It only looks right with the select few images, but I will admit that I am really enjoying it, and am very excited about the possibilities. It has already changed the way I see my photography, and possibly how I shoot in the future. Here are some of my favorites.








What I really like, is that this technique works great with my style of photography. A lot of my photos seem to be better as paintings than photos. --see the judges comment on the image that won in the latest WPJA contest.

In addition, I think this solves another minor problem with wedding photography. I noticed, after my own wedding, that even though my photographers made some great images, I did not want to display them in my home. It just seems tacky to display all sorts of photos of yourself, especially if they are enlarged. With these paintings, you are really just putting up a painting, and nobody will really know who or where the painting is from, but you will. These paintings allow you to prominently display wedding photos in your home, and not seem narcissistic. Not to mention, the low def nature of the painting is far more flattering.

No comments: