Wednesday, October 10

WPJA & Brides Magazine Awards


It was announced today that two of my images have placed in the Bride's Magazine WPJA (Wedding Photojournalist Association) contest. Here are the links:


http://www.wpja.com/wedding_photography_galleries/contest/07/wedding-photo/05-07.htm


http://www.wpja.com/wedding_photography_galleries/contest/07/wedding-photo/09-08.htm

I am telling you, this wedding photojournalism is really taking off. It used to be, that if you were a talented photojournalist, you would work for the top magazines and newspapers of the world, but I think we are seeing a shift in this paradigm. The fact is, it is near impossible to make a living working for the top magazines and newspapers of the world. Talented photojournalists are learning that weddings are fun, the pay is better, and the images are just as moving. I got into photojournalism because I wanted to make outstanding images, and it turns out that weddings are the place to do that. Heck, pick up a Nat. Geo and the best images are of weddings, just in other parts of the world.

The WPJA just sent me a link yesterday about sponsoring the latest VII photo agency seminar. I have had a link to VII on my blog since I started it. I thought I was one of the few wedding photojournalists who look to VII for inspiration, but it appears I am just one of many. This is a trend, it is bigger than I thought and it is getting bigger. I love it. Maybe, when all us photojournalists are shooting weddings instead of working for the magazines, they'll wise up and starting paying decent wages.

Good day today.

No comments: