Thursday, July 5

WPJA 1st quarter contest results

I have been away for a week or more, busy with various activities relating to my own wedding. (6/30/07) It has been really a mind-blowing experience. The best day of my life, no doubt. I hope to post more about it upcoming posts. For now, I am going to concentrate on the Wedding Photojournalist Association's first quarter contest. The results were posted earlier this week, and I did manage to place in a couple categories. 17th place in creative portrait and a 7th place in reception ambiance. Check out all the recent winners by visiting wpja.com and clicking on the contest categories.

I am going to start letting my wife (first time using that term in writing) pick the shots to enter in the future contests. I was not going to enter the 7th place winner, until she mentioned it.

The best part about the contest is that they post the judges comments. Here is what they said about my 7th place winner.

JUDGES COMMENTS: All the elements in this picture add and add and add to one another to make a great picture that screams ambiance. Color, light, moment, composition, graphics, angle... It's got it all.



Thank YOU! Those comments mean more to me than the win. Considering the judges are photographers and photo editors from Nat. Geo and the like, its great to be noticed!

No comments: