Saturday, April 21

ka-pow



At the end of the night, I stalk the dancers with my flash at the
ready. I always shoot from the hip, or more acuretly, sort of a side-
ways hail mary. Taking the time to frame a shot will often kill the
mood, plus its so dark you cant see anything anyway. I set the flash
on infra-red assist and watch where my infra-red beam lands. Its
like laser targeting for photography, and it works really well.
Then, after the wedding, I have hundreds of photos that I have not
seen yet. Which makes the job interesting. I guess it is similiar
to working with a remote camera... Nat. Geo. Photographer Nick
Nichols caught tigers in their natural state using an infra-red tripped
remote camera... http://michaelnicknichols.com/gallery/cameratraps/ I am
using similar techniques to capture humans in their natural state.

Course, the tigers were not tipsy. That helps. Nichols should have
spiked those water holes...

No comments: