Wednesday, January 3

kiss in the chaos



This is another of my favorite shots from Kim and Ned's wedding. Kim and Ned share a moment during their reception. I like the contrast of the serene kiss with the chaotic surrounding. This image speaks to one of the many things a marriage can be, an island of sanity in a chaotic world.

I carry with me two cameras during the reception, one with a flash and the other without a flash. I rarely use the camera without a flash, especially when the receptions are particularly dark. But I do pull it out every so often when I think I might be able to pull off something using just the natural light. It rarely works, but every so often, you'll find a moment that last long enough for the long shutter speed.

1 comment:

Sabria said...

I REALLY like this shot, Adam! I took a few photography courses and I understand the challenges of using natural light and loooong, slow shutter speeds. All you can do is hope the shot delivers. This one does!
DeAnna's auntie