Monday, May 12

Kayly + Matt HDR portrait


This is my first attempt at an HDR wedding portrait. I am not sure what I think of it, please feel free to give me feedback. Sometimes I think it is amazing, other times it just looks odd.

I was happy to find out that it is possible, though tricky, to get an HDR portrait quickly enough so as not to further complicate the portrait sessions. Kayly, Matt and I had a few minutes to try out some portraits at a local park near ceremony location, The Shrine of St. Anne Church in Olde Town Arvada. I should have lots of great "standard" photos to post from their nuptials in the coming weeks.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

How do you think this technique would work on senior portraits? Email/Call me soonish; I miss y'all.
Aunt Crystal

Adam Welch said...

Hi Crystal, thanks for the comment. It is tricky to get close up shots using HDR, because you have to take several photos of the same scene, at different exposures. That requires the subject to stand perfectly still for probably one minute. At this point, I think it would just look odd for a senior portrait, but that is only because no one has yet figured out the best way to apply it.

Unknown said...

Hi Adam,
The impression that the photo gives me is that the sky is ominous...somewhat threatening but the couple is standing with their love between them...ready to face any obstacles life (the sky) has before them.
I too like it and don't like it...I think it could be inspiring during those hard times that every married couple has to weather.
Love you. Mom