Friday, August 10

contest entry time

Oh man, I just received an email notifying me that it is only 24 hours until the Quarter 2 WPJA entries need to be received. I ALWAYS have such a hard time choosing images. The "creative" in me wants to enter edgy, arty images that I hope will catch the judges off guard, like this one:



..entered into the "preparation" category. Its not like any prep photo I have seen before, and I think it really captures the feel of the moment just before the ceremony. There are so many faces and stories all crowded together, all in anticipation of the bride. But, is it a winner? The risk is that the judges wont understand. They see hundreds of images, so unless the photo is powerful in its message, it usually gets missed. Its tough to know if the judges are looking for the BEST definition of a prep shot, or some really creative interpretation of a prep shot. Likely... they are looking for the BEST definition, but... I always want to push things a bit... It has never paid off before so I dont know why I think it will work this time. I think I just talked myself out of entering this photo.

No comments: