Saturday, May 26

First Dance



One of the greatest challenges of my job is get intimate shots without being intrusive. It is a delicate balance, and the first dance is often one of the best opportunities to really get in close and capture the emotion of a wedding. I can stand back and shoot with my long glass, completely unnoticed by the couple. (I hope) Its usually pretty dark, so that helps too.

This photo is one of my favorites from the wedding of Jesse and Andy in Grand Junction, Colorado. You can see they have very strong feelings for each other. It was such a reward to spend the day with them, especially in such a majestic locale. I have a quite number of images from their wedding that I hope to post on the blog... course, I have quite a number of images from every wedding that I hope to post here... This is really shaping up to be a great year.

No comments: